Sunday, February 27, 2011

reflections

    I have had an epiphany that I really have lost touch with "me". Not that it is of the greatest importance to me at this time and there lies the problem. I am comfortable with my current self identity or lack thereof. I must admit, it is through my worth and relationships to other people that I view the world and myself. I am "Mom", "Mother" and "Grandma". I am an employee, a co-worker and a housewife. I am a daughter of an Earthly parent, my own "Mom" and a Heavenly Father. I am a "Child of God".  I am a "Christian". I am a conservative. I am a friend to many. I am a trusted sister. I am a mother-in-law. ;) I am the pack leader and the "alpha dog" to a golden retriever and a kelpie. I do not mind being any of these. I am blessed to be content. But, there is a bubbling under the still waters. A remembrance of a river that once ran here.



Free to be me

I am reborn,
a new improved me,
a child of God
finally set free


Psalm 116

 1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; 
   he heard my cry for mercy. 
2 Because he turned his ear to me, 
   I will call on him as long as I live.



No comments: